Jan 8, 2024

Apple iPad 1 : Install Kodi Player

I still have my iPad 1 and its still working but sadly most Apps now required newer iOS version. Which the iPad 1 only able to run on iOS v.5.1.1 (that's the max I can upgrade).

Even with Jailbreak, some Apps doesn't work as it should (well..... what do you expect from a JB Apps anyway).

It so happens that I have plans to setup my own media streaming server and so happens that Kodi Player is the best choice around. For Kodi to run on my old iPad 1, there some steps I need to do first :-

1. Ensure that iPad 1 is already updated to iOS v.5.1.1

2. Install the following Apps from Cydia :-
     a) Terminal for iOS
     b) iFile


* In my case where HTTPS doesn't work, just replace it with HTTP.

4. When prompted, save the file into "Local" folder OR in my case I just open it with "iFile Apps".

5. Next, is to select "Installer" option, this will take some time so please wait for it.

6. Once done, you will notice the "Kodi" icon is not displayed on the "Home Screen", not to worry...

7. Open "Terminal for iOS" App, and type the following command :-
     a) uicache
     b) killall springboard -9

8. Now close all open Apps and the Kodi icon should be displayed on the "Home Screen".

9. Proceed to configure the Kodi as you want.


!!! HAPPY COMPUTING !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment