May 17, 2015

Exchange Server 2013 - Missing POP3 Manager

As everyone know that Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 no longer comes with the "POP3 Manager" like those in Exchange 2003.

The missing features have caused some companies to purchase 3rd party utility in order for it work with local hosting provider.

This have caused me some headaches as there's tons of utilities available out there and I'm not sure which works the best.

I do find the following programs to be best :-

1. POPCon.

2. QSS Exchange Connector.

Both programs work as its designed to be, lightweight, small and use less resources. Although POPCon does provide some value-added features such as anti-spam and anti-virus, I feel it will be an overkill since the Exchange server already have it's own anti-virus & anti-spam programs.

So I decided to for the QSS Exchange Connector, since it's faster to load and uses less resources. It also give me some sort of control over the throttling bandwidth.

No comments:

Post a Comment